Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oat Bran Muffins

I have a recipe I'd like to share.  I know a hard part for a few people in our last contest was getting in the whole grains.  I love this recipe and two muffins are a whole grain and a fruit.  I can only do flour or sugar if it's #5 or lower on the list of ingredients so this recipe is a perfect sweet breakfast for me.  I usually eat it with some protein (eggs, yogurt, milk, whatever) and a teaspoon of butter on the muffins.  Delicious! ~ Genevieve
Oat Bran Muffins

2 cans of crushed or tidbit pineapple (in its own juice) fruit and juice
1 cup raisins
½ cup applesauce
2 mashed bananas, ripe
¼ cup apple juice concentrate
2 eggs
1 T vanilla
Combine all the above ingredients; set aside
3 cups + 6 T. oat bran (I’ve also used oatmeal and obviously it’s different, but I still like it)
1 cup Splenda (I've only used splenda and I like it, but I imagine you could experiment with other sweeteners)
⅓ cup whole wheat flour
5 t baking powder
2 t salt
1 t baking soda
3 t cinnamon
Combine all dry ingredients together; then combine with wet; stir until well mixed.  Spray with Pam or use muffin papers.  Fill 24 muffin cups full (very little rising will take place).  Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Makes 24 muffins.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It does look like a good recipe! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this recipe. It looks yummy! Thanx for sharing Genevieve! Laura

    ReplyDelete